Maintain the highest standards in card personalisation quality control
EMV personalisation validation testing enables issuers and card bureaus to validate and pre-certify their cards against the latest payment scheme specifications, as well as the issuer’s business requirements. This prevents the costly production of invalid EMV cards and delays in the formal card certification process.
To ensure new EMV products comply with the chosen payment scheme’s personalisation requirements, test laboratories can perform pre-certification checks using Barnes approved tools. This speeds up the formal payment scheme card approval process and reduces laboratory-testing costs.
Card manufacturers and payment schemes
Payment application developers
Financial institutions, banks and card issuers
Personalisation bureaus or TSMs
EMV chip and magnetic stripe personalisation data validation
Payment scheme certification
Improves manufacturing quality assurance
Reduces laboratory testing costs
Speeds up formal payment scheme card approval process
EMV Personalisation Validation Test Tool
The Barnes CPT 3000v3 is a Personalisation Validation Tool (PVT) widely used by companies involved in the manufacture, test, certification and issuance of EMV cards. It is used to enhance quality assurance practises, and ensure EMV cards meet stringent payment scheme specifications when sent for formal certification testing. As with all Barnes Test Tools, the CPT 3000v3 is easy to use providing various levels of reporting and analysis to meet the differing needs of its users.
- With a simple card insertion, performs quick and accurate tests of personalisation data in single or multiple applications on the EMV chip and magnetic stripe to ensure data is correct and valid according to issuer templates/ card profiles and all major payment scheme specifications and standard profiles.
- Test results include Pass / Fail data displays and detailed test result logs with hyperlinks to the EMV and payment scheme specifications to allow the user to quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Supports all EMV payment applications:
- Contact only (CPT 3000v3): personalisation validation of contact EMV cards to ensure cards contain consistent information over both contact and magnetic stripe interfaces and personalisation of the contact chip/ magnetic stripe complies with Visa (VIS), Mastercard M/Chip, Amex AEIPS, JCB, Discover/ Diners, UnionPay/ PBOC and national payment scheme rules such as GIE CB, Interac, RuPay, mada, JetCo and many others.
- CPT 3000v3CL extends data validation to contactless and dual interface cards to ensure consistent personalisation data over both interfaces, plus mobile NFC and compliance with Visa payWave and Mastercard PayPass™ / Advance, Amex ExpressPay, J/Speedy and other payment scheme rules.
- CPT 3000v3ML mobile payment validation over SWP interfaces. Test scripts validate against Visa VMCPS, Mobile MasterCard PayPass and Amex ExpressPay Mobile.
- Developed in collaboration with Visa, Mastercard, Amex and other payment schemes; used by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, major banks and card bureaus globally.
- Barnes customers benefit from regular test scripts updates made available via the Barnes website.
EMV Personalisation Validation Test Tool & Test Script Development Tool
Chip card issuers developing more advanced proprietary payments applications or issuing cards embedded with multiple applications such as EMV and loyalty, e-security and mobile payments choose the Barnes CAT 3000v3. It adds to the test, analysis and reporting capabilities of the CPT 3000v3 to provide test script development. This allows the user to easily write custom scripts to meet their more complex test requirements.
- Adds to the functionality of the Barnes EMV Personalisation Validation Test Tool (CPT 3000v3) to provide test script development capabilities whatever the payment application.
- Users can easily and rapidly develop test suites for a wide variety of chip card applications such as EMV, Loyalty and E-security.
- Ideal for chip card developers, manufacturers, bureaus and issuers who are looking to validate more complex proprietary payment applications, or test multi-application products.
- Developed in collaboration with Visa and Mastercard, and used by Visa, Mastercard, major banks and card bureaus globally.
Test Modules for: Mastercard CPV, Visa GPR, Visa Europe PVT, Discover CPV, JCB, CUP, eftpos, GIE CB, Interac, mada, NETS, RuPay, Troy BKM, ATH, Credibanco, GIMAC, PayPak and EBC
Each Payment Scheme has its own set of globally consistent personalisation data validation criteria, which financial institutions, retailers and other Issuers must adhere to.
Barnes works closely with the national and international Payment Schemes to ensure its card personalisation validation test modules meet the latest specifications and are kept up to date. Each test module complements EMV Card Validation Test Tools, the CAT 3000v3 and CPT 3000v3, to allow users to use tests specified by the respective payment scheme to validate their applications prior to formal certification.
Test Module Overview
- Mastercard Card Personalization Validation (CPV) version 11.3: Validate all possible forms of MasterCard payment application, including Cirrus, Maestro, MAS4C and PayPass, and multi application cards including dual interface (e.g. M/Flex), mobile and M/Chip Advance
- Visa Global Personalization Requirements (GPR) version 3.0: Validate VIS, VCPS, VMCPS and VMPA mobile applications.
- Eftpos Card Personalisation Certification (CPC): Validate Ace and Bendigo cards.
- NETS Card Personalisation Certification: Validate cards and Mobile with the NETS application.
- JCB Card Personalisation Certification: Validate JIS and J/Speedy cards and J/Speedy mobile applications
- RuPay: Validate cards with the RuPay application.
- Credibanco: Validate cards with the Credibanco application.
- Troy BKM: Validate cards against BKM certification requirements
- GIE CB: Validate cards against GIE CB certification requirements
- GIMAC: Validate cards against GIMAC profiles
- Interac: Validate cards against Interac certification requirements
- CUP: Validate cards against CUP certification requirements
- mada: Validate cards against mada certification requirements
- EBC: Validate cards against EBC certification requirements
- PayPak: Validate cards against PayPak certification requirements